If you listen hard enough you can hear every living thing breathing together, you can feel everything growing. We’re all livin’ together, even if most folks don’t act like it. We all have the same roots, and we are all branches of the same tree.
I laughed so hard when I saw Mako make this face so I decided to make it into an infinite loop.
I’m pretty sure we are seeing Mako slowly turning into Lin
I have created a new Earth Empire. And I’ll continue to lead it into the future myself, bringing about a new era of prosperity for my people.
so glad i caught up with korra *o*
- "My ex is crazy." In most cases not true. He is most likely the crazy one.
- If he’s over 18 and not in school and doesn’t work or have a car (and isn’t trying to either) he’s a bum and is most likely looking for someone to monetarily provide for him
- If you do date someone who has a child (which I don’t recommend) but if it does happen be VERY cautious if you NEVER hear him speak about his children, spending time with them, see him with them..etc… he most likely aint shit and will talk about his child’s mother being crazy (which jumps back to my first point)… especially if he has more than one with different women….RUN (he doesn’t like to use condoms and if you get pregnant it will be a YOU problem)
- Guys who spend money on things he wants instead of needs…. and when he needs something you have to pay for it (like dudes who have weed but no money to eat)
- Guys who ask for nudes or talk anything sexual within the first few conversations without invitation
- Guys who put down other women. Like the guy who doesn’t like dark skinned women or talks shit about women who wear weave but doesn’t date women with natural hair…
- Guys with the “Lady in the streets but a freak in the sheets” mentality. Normally are against anything pro-women…
- If he already within a first few conversations is jealous or angry towards the idea of you talking to other guys.
So many other things but it’s 5am and I can’t think…
Most of this list sums up my college dating experience
Anybody who says “I would never let my girl (insert thing an adult should have the freedom to decide whether or not to do here)”
if they try to separate you from the people you care about
if you have a suspicion that they’re insecure about any of your accomplishments
if he says “females” instead of “women”, “ladies” or even “girls”
the first time you hear him refer to a woman as a “bitch”, “thot”, “ho”, etc and he can’t reasonably explain how that term applies, just has some throwaway answer…she probably rejected him in the past or has her own mind. He’ll be calling you that after he does something shitty enough for you to leave.
if he tries to control the things you do or own (pets , vacations etc) without actually making any commitment to you.
(this ones connected to my fist one) if he tries to make you give up or abandon something for his love example “would you give up your dog for me?” (was actually asked of me in a very sweetheart, romantic big eyed tone)
if he’s so “busy”.
if he only seems to call you around for sex.
if he is constantly trying to pressure you into sexual acts you have previously told him makes you uncomfortable.
if he tries to make you feel insecure or foolish for enjoying the things you enjoy.
if he only seems to care about you, or becomes jealous the second you begin another relationship.
(and this sorta goes without saying) has no problem dating someone much much younger than him, or taking advantage of teenagers.
Just to add:
(sorry if these were already mentioned)
• If he uses his “strong emotions” for you to manipulate you ex: I get so depressed when you go x amount of time without calling me
• if he says, “but I’m a nice/good guy” to get to you to do something you’ve said you’re uncomfortable with
• if he’s never where he says he will be when he says he’ll be there OR keeps you waiting an excessive amount of time
• if he stalks your social media profiles
• if he says “if I were gonna hurt you, don’t you think I would’ve done it by now?”
Basically, if it don’t feel right, it ain’t right.
if he denies things that have happened, especially details that incriminate him… for example you were having an argument and he pushes you, but later says he didn’t
if he raises his voice but demands that you speak softly or calmly
if he reinforces other double standards, like the idea that you aren’t allowed to talk to/be friends with other men but calls you insecure or crazy if you mention that he talks to/is friends with women
if he claims your personal property as his own without permission
if he guilts you into doing things for him consistently without reciprocation
if he speaks in a derogatory way about women when around his male friends, or his personality changes drastically for the worse when the room is dominated by men
Three years can make a big difference in people
"I live in a neighborhood where my husband & I are 1 of the 3 Black families that live here.. Tonight the KKK knocked on our door!!! I was already looking out the window and seen them coming down my driveway. I screamed for my children to come upstairs in my room and into my master bath. . As I seen there faces in fear.. my mind flash back to Malcom X. My oldest understand but not the rest. My husband prides his self on teaching his wife & family self defense when he not home…. My heart was pounding! Palms sweating! Voice weak.. I look at my son.. And my mind drifted to Micheal Brown, Treyvon.Martin, Shawn Bell. WE legal over here.. everything registered! As the knocks kept coming .. I mustard up the voice strength to say just a minute! My body weak.. but my mind strong! I open the door.. Scope on! Beam on! Safety off!!! WHAT CAN I DO FOR YALL!!! Cause you at THE WRONG HOUSE! #FacesPriceless!! I will Protect. My Home, My Children, MY LEGACY!!!"
It deeply saddens me that people still need to protect themselves from such hateful people by threatening violence. Hatred just leads to more violence upon violence. Less hate, more love needed in this world.
The fucking KKK came up to her door, in a world where white cops
can gun down teens just walking down the street
and you think the problem is how SHE acted, without firing a single bullet, in her OWN HOME
wow… you desperately need to check out the ferguson tag, because you’re expecting people to play nice with those who have been murdering them since forever, and that’s fucked
Did pokemeidareu just call a black woman holding a weapon while answering her door to an established terrorist group devoted to the murder of black people as her “fighting hate with hate”????????
Take note, black folk: The KU KLUX KLAN- a white TERRORIST organization- can literally knock on your fucking door with the intention of doing you harm and some ignorant fucktwit will STILL think you’re in the wrong if you even HINT at defending yourself with a weapon.
Second amendment ain’t for us, I tell ya.
"Less hate, more love". Yea well if she shows less hate to the Klan, there’s a strong chance she and her children will end up dead in their own home.
Tell the KKK to fuck right off a cliff and then maybe she wouldn’t need to stand at her door “threatening violence”.
What the fuck is she supposed to do? Pray for their souls while they lynch her?
Folks really do believe we should turn the other cheek all the way to our graves. I’m pretty sure those people are evil.
A reminder that people are more worried about people “being mean” or showing “hatred” to an open terrorist group with the blood of 1,000s of innocent people on their hands.
Like, you could be afraid and horrified that an open terrorist group can walk the streets without any consequence, instead you are afraid of the people who are trying to survive them.